Thursday, January 07, 2010

Casey Johnson, 1979-2009


Condolences to the family of Casey Johnson, who recently passed away. Miss Johnson suffered terribly from juvenile-onset diabetes, and we shall be very much surprised if her death was not in some way related to her medical condition.

I am dismayed that in this day and age, with all of the resources we have available, we cannot come up with better ways to manage diabetes. Perhaps the tragic death of this charming young woman will serve to inspire greater attention to the problems associated with insulin dependency.

I had the great pleasure of meeting Miss Johnson on several occasions, and may I say that in person, she was nothing like the portrayal one sees in the media. I found her very courageous, and I liked her immensely.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 reader comments: