Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Buddhist Literary Heritage Project Website

There are six projects that are near and dear to my heart -- projects that I try to continually support, insofar as I am able -- and the Buddhist Literary Heritage Project is one of them. I am always willing to support any project that acts to foster Tibetan language studies, and I can think of no more important task than translating the Buddhist literature of Tibet into English. That this entire project is managed by Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche is a bonus: I can think of no better man for the job.

The Buddhist Literary Heritage Project has gone live with their new website, and I would encourage you to follow the link and see what they have to offer. I would also encourage you to make this project near and dear to your heart, and to offer much-needed financial support.

With Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche at the helm, you are assured of honesty, financial transparency, and lean administration. This we all know, this we all appreciate.

Less than 5% of the Tibetan Kangyur and Tengyur have been translated into modern languages. Only the smallest fraction of all Tibetan texts are available in English. The translators, who have spent their lives to acquire fluency, are laboring in poverty -- and nobody is encouraging youngsters to enter the field. 

We need to fix this. 

We need to fix this fast.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 reader comments: