Sunday, November 11, 2012

Veteran's Day 2012

Today is Veteran's Day: a national holiday in the United States, celebrating the service of all members of the armed forces. Would you be surprised to know that this includes rabbits? From deadly front lines in the trenched warfare of World War I....

No, I am not talking about easy duty......

I am talking heroic service all the way through World War II: memorialized by the wise-cracking rabbit Bugs Bunny who authored a hundred acts in clever defiance to oppression.

Always, in my household, November 11th is also celebrated as my father's birthday. He would have been 112 years of age today.

What's Up, Doc?


Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 reader comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of rabbits, how are the three rascals you rescued a while back?

WoFat said...

Bugs was a bulwark for Democracy.

Editor said...

The sublime WoFat understands such things.

Editor said...

Dear Anon... the rascals seem to improve every day. Thank you for asking.